Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm a PLUMBER! Its official!
(OK, not really, but i did manage to do a FABULOUS job switching out my old nasty faucet for a new sleek one.)

Here's the old one, that has been there for who knows how long and has who knows who's crud and yuck attached to it! (we rent and when you think about that...Yuck! Who's dirt and grime are living in your house..... eeewwww....YUCK!!!!)

(please notice the handy plumbing tools to the right :)

The Detached faucet
those dang pipes were a bugger to get the tools around. i would tell you the actual name of the tool that i used but i have absolutely NO idea what they are really called (pliers of some sort I'm guessing maybe a wrench)

and here's the NASTINESS
other peoples crud and yuck....yeah go ahead gag a few times for me....i sure did!
so after scrubbing and sanitizing
(I think i used a whole bottle of Clorox wipes)
WAH-LAH
My Beautiful new FAUCET!
This Beautiful new Faucet came with a new drain too! BARGAIN!
(I will not go into the NASTINESS that was in the drain pipes under the sink. Yes, i was GAGING again....YUCK!)
After more sanitizing, I got to turn the water back on and
WAH-LAH
IT WORKS!
So, I'm not Officially a plumber...but who knows, maybe i have a future in it!!

4 comments:

Handi Andi said...

That faucet is so nice! It looks so much sleeker than the other, and yes, way cleaner. Good work my plumber sister, were you sportin the crack while you were doing it?

Brittany and Johnse said...

That is so impressive! good job and the faucet looks really nice! :)

Kristi said...

Go Holly! I heart your new faucet. Does it just make you happy every time you see it?:)

Erickson Family said...

I love to feel handy!